Princess Kate leaves hospital after abdominal surgery

Space-Separated Links URL URL URL URL Space-Separated Links URL URL URL URL Space-Separated Links url url url url url url url url url url url url url url url url url url url url url url url url


Kate, 42, underwent the planned operation on January 16 and stayed in a private healthcare facility, The London Clinic, The Sun reported.

Kensington Palace announced on January 17 that Kate had undergone the surgery, but confirmed it was not related in any way to cancer.

The princess had been expected to spend between 10 and 14 days recovering in hospital before going home to Adelaide Cottage in Windsor.

On Monday, she was allowed to leave the clinic and head home.

A Kensington Palace spokesperson said: “The Princess of Wales has returned home to Windsor to continue her recovery from surgery. She is making good progress.”

“The Prince and Princess wish to say a huge thank you to the entire team at The London Clinic, especially the dedicated nursing staff, for the care they have provided,” the spokesperson added.

“The Wales family continues to be grateful for the well wishes they have received from around the world.”

Sources claimed last weekend that Kate’s commitment to her royal duties will see her get back into work as soon as she can.

She is said to have plans to work from bed once she arrives home from her surgery.

Kate’s husband Prince William, 41, visited her every day at the clinic in central London.

Meanwhile, children Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis had not been to see their mum to keep life “normal”, as they continued going to school.

Kate’s parents were also said to have cleared their schedule to help with the children.

The princess has reportedly been counting on the support of her close pals, from old school friends to palace insiders.

Her hospital trip was revealed the same day Buckingham Palace said King Charles was to be admitted to hospital for surgery.

The monarch had a “corrective procedure” for an enlarged prostate.

It is understood the monarch will miss a month of royal engagements while he recovers.

In another health fright for the royals, it was revealed last week that Sarah Ferguson has been battling an aggressive skin cancer.

The Sun revealed Fergie, the Duchess of York, was battling cancer for the second time in just six months.

The 64-year-old had been diagnosed with malignant melanoma after a mole was removed as she underwent treatment for breast cancer.

Sarah encouraged everyone to check the size, shape, colour and texture and emergence of new moles to catch any potential skin cancer early.

This article originally appeared in The Sun and was reproduced with permission.